SCHOOL OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION
This School comprises of five departments, namely:
- Automobile Technology Education Department
- Building Technology Education Department
- Electrical/Electronics Technology Education Department
- Metalwork Technology Education Department
- Woodwork Technology Education Department
The philosophy of this program, NCE (Technical) is to provide technical teachers with the intellectual and professional background adequate for teaching technical subjects and to make them adaptable to any changing situation in technological development not only in the country but also in the world at large.
The objectives of the program shall be:
- To produce qualified Technical Teachers and Practitioners of technology capable of teaching Introduction Technology in the Junior Secondary Schools.
- To produce Technical NCE Teachers who will be able to inculcate Scientific and Technological attitudes and values into the Society.
- To produce qualified Technical Teachers motivated to start the so much desired revolution of Technological development right from the Nigerian Schools.
- To prepare Technical Teachers so as to qualify them for a POST-NCE degree progamme in Technical Education.
General Admission Requirements:
- A Senior Secondary School Certificate SSC or G.C.E ‘O’ Level with passes in 5 subjects including English Language, three of which must be at Credit level in the same sitting or four Credits at two sittings. Two of the credits must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to study. Credit in English and/or Mathematics may be required.
- A Grade II Teacher’s Certificate (TCII) with credit or merit in three subjects, two of which must be relevant to the course the candidate wishes to offer. Credit/merit in English Language and/or Mathematics may be a requirement.
- For candidates wishing to offer courses in Vocational and Technical Education, NABTEC, NBC, NTC (with at least 3 credits which must include Mathematics, English and 2 other relevant subjects) R.S.A or City and Guilds Intermediate Certificate with credit/merit in at least four subjects, are acceptable qualifications.
- Associates Certificate in Education awarded by an approved institution in Nigeria or abroad, is also an acceptable qualification.
- Successful candidates in the Pre-NCE final examination who also take and succeed in a selection examination organized by an accredited body would also be qualified for admission.
- All candidates wishing to be considered for admission must enroll for and write the selection examination organized by an accredited body such as JAMB.
- It should be noted that some colleges may in addition to all of the above administer their own elimination tests and/or interviews for some courses. This is legitimate.
Specific/Course Admission Requirements:
In addition to the general admission requirements, candidates wishing to offer Technical Education must have credits at SSCE/NECO/NABTEB level in two relevant subjects out of the three required and a pass in any of the following: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Technical Drawing, Applied Electricity, Basic Electronics, Auto Mechanics, Woodwork, Metalwork and Building Construction
City and Guilds Intermediate/WAEC Technical Certificate or equivalent in Technical Trades plus Federal Craft Certificate (FCC) with at least credits in four academic subjects including: Mathematics, Science, English Language and Social Studies.
National Technical Certificate
|General Studies||18 Credits|
|Teaching Practices||6 Credits|
|Technical Education||77 Credits|
Distribution of Minimum Credit Required for Graduation:
Based on a minimum total credit load of 126 required for graduation, Technical Education, as a double major should account for a minimum of 76 credits. The minimum total credits for Technical Education program are distributed as follows:
- Technical Drawing TEB 321 and TEM 321 should be 2C unit each
All students will take all the subjects courses listed for 100L and 200L
The Dean, School of Technical Education
Mr. Sunday Oke
PhD in view
B.Sc. 1993, NCE 1986, C&G Tech 111 1985
Administrative Officers in Dean’s office
School Officer: Osifo Bukola (08092846462)
Assistance Chief Executive Officer
Confidential Sec: Adeniyi Oluwatoyin (07038693573)
Chief Clerical Officer: Onabayo Bukunayo (08028463287)
H.O.D., Automobile Technology Education Department
Mr. Ukit, Samuel Jonah
M.Ed. (Tech Edu.) (2007),
B.Sc. (VITE) (1998),
(MTPM) (2006), TTC (Mech) (1987),
Computer Cert (2003), TRCN (2006),
Goal: To provide useful tools for our Students and Trainees in order to meet their needs and contribute to their development in global evolving automobile technology.
AUTOMOBILE TECHNOLOGY EDUCATIONACADEMIC STAFF
|1||Mr. Adegbenjo, Abayomi||Chief Lecturer||Full Time|
|2||Dr. Adebayo, Sakariyan Ademola||Chief Lecturer||Full Time|
|3||Mr. Ukit, Samuel Jonah||Principal Lecturer||Full Time|
|4||Mr. Kolapo, Babatunde Adeogun||Principal Lecturer||Full Time|
|5||Mr. Akinpelu, S. O||Assistant Lecturer||Full Time|
|6||Mr. Ikuvbogie Osarenren||Higher Technical Instructor||Full Time|
NON TEACHING STAFF
|1||Mrs. Akande, Grace Selia||Chief Typist||Full Time|
|2||Mrs. Michael Omotayo oyenike||Clerical Officer||Full Time|
|3||Mr. Sunmola K.||Foreman||Full Time|
|4||Mr. Eragbor Dennis||Senior Mechanic||Full Time|
|5||Mr. Akande, Kamorudeen||Craftsman||Full Time|
|6||Mr. Onigbogi, Fatai||Craftsman||Full Time|
H.O.D, Building Technology Education Department
Mrs. G.O. Alabi
M.Ed. Voc. Ed. (2013),
B. Sc. Tech. Ed. (2006),
HND Building Tech. (1989),
OND Civil Eng. (1986) TTC (1999),
Goal: All training involves a personal investment in time and effort, making it essential to get our Students and Trainees to realize that training has a direct link to their personal and professional success in emerging 21st century building technology.
BUILDING TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION ACADEMIC STAFF
|Dr. Olusanya, S. O.||Chief Lecturer (Provost)||Full Time|
||Chief Lecturer||Full Time|
|Dr. Engr. Ariba, O.||Principal Lecturer||Full Time|
|Ms. Abariko, A. D.||Chief Instructor||Full Time|
||Principal Lecturer||Full Time|
|Mrs. Alabi, G. O.||Chief Instructor||Full Time|
|Dr. Banjoko, M.O.||Lecturer II||Full Time|
|Mr. Olonisaye, T. A.||Lecturer II||Full Time|
|Mrs. Fasehun, O.O.||Principal Instructor||Full Time|
|Mr. Salisu, O. I.||Lecturer III||Full Time|
|Mr. Ikatule A. I.||Assist. Lecturer||Full Time|
NON TEACHING STAFF
|1||Mr. Elesho I.K||Principal Tech. Officer||Full Time|
|2||Mr. Sunday C.U||Senior Foreman||Full Time|
|3||Mrs. Ajayi M.||Chief Clerical Officer||Full Time|
|4||Ms. Adebayo B.||Senior Typist||Full Time|
H.O.D Electrical/Electronic Technology Education Department
Mr. Eshilokun, B.A
Cert. in Computer Study 2004
B.Sc. 1990, NCE 1989,
Goal: To teach our Students and Trainees how to investigate, locate, evaluate and validate the best available actions for all electronic devices, circuit and integrated circuit of the competitive national needs and challenges.
ELECTRICAL / ELECTRONIC TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION ACADEMIC STAFF
|1||Dr. Aleburu,Johnson Onomoren||Chief Lecturer||Fulltime|
|2||Dr. Igweh, Augustine Una||Chief Lecturer||Fulltime|
|3||Mr. Oke, Sunday||Chief Lecturer||Fulltime|
|4||Mr. Eshinlokun B. A.||Chief Lecturer||Fulltime|
|5||Mr.Adeneye,James Adedeji||ChiefTechnical Instructor||Fulltime|
|6||Mr. Onyebuchi, Emmanuel||Senior Lecturer||Fulltime|
|7||Mr. Agbejoye, Satilehin John||Lecturer 11||Fulltime|
|8||Mrs. Popoola, Olajumoke Olayinka||Asst. Lecturer||Fulltime|
|9||Mr. Adegbola John Ayodele||Asst. Lecturer||Fulltime|
|10||Mr. Ohwofasa O.||Senior Technical Instructor||Fulltime|
|11||Mr. Odeh, Isaac Ochim||Higher Technical Instructor||Fulltime|
|12||Mr. Vawe, Roy Maigari||Higher Technical Instructor||Fulltime|
|13||Mr.Buraimo Idris Adebayo||Higher Instructor||Fulltime|
NON TEACHING STAFF
|1||Mrs. A. Karim, R.A||Asst.Chief Technologist||Fulltime|
|2||Mr. Kolapo, A.O||Asst. Chief Technologist||Fulltime|
|3||Mr. Ayoko, S.O||Senior Foreman||Fulltime|
|4||Mr. Akanle, J.K||Senior Executive Officer||Fulltime|
|5||Mrs. Ukwunna, T.C.||Confidential Secretary||Fulltime|
||Chief Clerical officer||Fulltime|
H.O.D, Metalwork Technology Education Department
M.Ed. (Ind. Tech) 2014,
B.Sc. (Ind. Tech) 2006,
HND Building Tech. (1989),
OND Civil Eng. (1986) TTC (1999),
Goal: We offer training based on “learning by doing”. In this way our Students and Trainees achieve voluntary learning with right tools and equipment in our state-of-art workshop:
METALWORK TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION ACADEMIC STAFF
|Mr. Fajimi, S. O.||Chief Lecturer||Full Time|
|Dr. Onwuchekwa, K. A.||Chief Lecturer||Full Time|
|Mr. Shittu, A. R.||Principal Lecturer||Full Time|
|Dr. Miller, I. O.||Principal Lecturer||Full Time|
|Mr. Ohia, M. C.||Chief Instructor||Full Time|
|Mr. Monsonyem, C. N.||Chief Instructor||Full Time|
|Mr. Aladetan,P. F.||Principal Instructor||Full Time|
|Mr. Adefuye,E. F.||Lecturer III||Full Time|
|Mr. Adebesin,I. L.||Asst. Lecturer||Full Time|
|Mr. Sobogun,T. M.||Asst. Lecturer||Full Time|
|Mrs. Adetola,L. B.||Asst. Lecturer||Full Time|
|1.||Mr. Sholeye, O. O.||Senior Foreman||Full Time|
|Mr. Adekoya, O.||Foreman||Full Time|
|Mr. Odesina, O. A.||Foreman||Full Time|
|Mrs. Awodiji, T. A.||Principal Confidential Secretary||Full Time|
|Mrs. Odeyemi, T. A.||Chief Clerical Officer||Full Time|
H.O.D, Woodwork Technology Education Department
Mr. Akinyemi Adebayo
LLB 2003.bl 2005 PhD in view
B.Sc (Ind Tech 1988) Med Educ. Admin 1990
FTC (BUILDING 1978) TTC BUILDING 1983
Goal: An important aspect of our work is to give our Students and Trainees the chance to observe and practice with hand-on demonstrations taking advantage of technological advancement to improve on woodwork technology and practices.
WOODWORK TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION ACADEMIC STAFF
|Mr. Akinyemi, Michael Adebayo||Principal Lecturer||Fulltime|
|Mr. Ikatule, Omebu Richard||Chief Lecturer||Fulltime|
|Mr. Ayeoribe, Toyin Samuel||Lecturer II||Fulltime|
|Mr. Olugbaike, Kolawole Johnson||Lecturer II||Fulltime|
|Mr. Ojo, James Abiodun||Asst. Lecturer||Fulltime|
NON TEACHING STAFF
|Mr. Nweke, James||Executive Officer||Fulltime|
|Mr. Alabi, Tunde Bunmi||Chief Foreman||Fulltime|
|Mrs. Umeakuka Nwanneka Edith||Chief Clerical Officer||Fulltime|
|Mr. Oshun, Noah Oluseyi||Craftsman||Fulltime|
|Mrs. Adegunwa Victoria Oby||Typist||Fulltime|
Computer Aided Design/Draught (AUTOCAD) Unit
Goal: If you want to improve the “engagement” of our Students and Trainees, the time has come to stop using traditional way of drawing. It is time to leave behind conventional method of drawing and welcome AutoCAD.
Goal: The principle objective of our training is to develop specific knowledge or skill usually facilitated by an expert. Also to develop and deliver a customized workshop to engage, equip and inspire classified Students and Trainees to take their auto-mobile service delivery to another level. This transformative program will include interactive exercises, practical examples, and real-time coaching in a fun yet focused environment. Promote the development of skills in new mechatronics technologies.
School of Technical Education (STE) Ventures Unit
Goals: To develop a training and professional development program that compliments existing training across the college in order to provide technology training that supports instructional and non-instructional needs as identified in the manual STE ventures..
To develop purposeful coordination of training, investigate the training needs of various staff populations and assess the landscape to determine broad topical areas where there are needs for training
To investigate a theme-based approach to training that can offer cohesiveness to college-wide training while honoring the great work that is being done in Schools, departments and units.
To coordinate the implementation of a theme based training plan each year and source for experts to lead the training (always being mindful of our own in-house expertise), and develop training as needed.
SCHOOL OF TECHNICAL EDUCATION BOARD MEMBERS
|Dr. Adebayo, Sakariyan Ademola||Chief Lecturer|
|Adegbenjo, Abayomi||Chief Lecturer|
|Ukit, Samuel Jonah||HOD Automobile|
|Mrs. Alabi G.O.||H.O.D Building|
|Dr. Aleburu,Johnson Onomoren||Chief Lecturer|
|Dr. Igweh, Augustine Una||Chief Lecturer|
|Mr. Eshinlokun B. A.||H.O.D Elect/Elect|
|Mr. A. R. Shittu||H.O.D Metal work|
|Mr. S. O. Fajimi||Chief Lecturer|
|Dr. Onwuchekwa, K. A.||Chief Lecturer|
|Ikatule, Omebu Richard||Chief Lecturer|
|Akinyemi Adebayo||HOD Woodwork|
|Aladetan, Peter F.||Examination Officer|
|Osifo Bukola||School Officer|
- Mr. C.O Popoola 1975-1987
- Mr. S.N Ikwuagwu 1987-1990
- Mr. K. Filani 1990-1999
- Mr. A.A Ogunyemi 1999-2001
- Mr. A.A Olawepo 2001-2003
- Mr. S.O Olusanya 2004-2005
- Dr. J.O Aleburu 2005-2007
- Mr. O. Fajimi 2007-2009
- Mr. A. Adegbenjo 2009-2011
- Mr. E.O Dada 2011-2013
- Dr. A.U Igweh 2013-2015
- Mr. S. Oke 2015-2017
- FORMS ARE NOW AVAILABLE FOR PROFESSIONAL DIPLOM...
- FEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL), AKOKA...
- The Federal Government has re-constituted a new...
2016/2017 SECOND SEMESTER ONLINE COURSE FORM REGISTRATION AND PRINTING OF EXAMINATION DOCKET HAS OFFICIALLY COMMENCEDFEDERAL COLLEGE OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL) AKOKA ...
INVITATION TO TENDER (1. Construction Of General Toilet 2. Installation of CCTV Camera and Burglary System Powered with Solar System) Click to download detail……….TENDER...
- 2017 SALES OF APPLICATION FORMS
- 2017/2018 POST UTME SCREENING EXERCISE
- INVITATION FOR SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR CONSULTANCY SERVICE FOR YEAR 2016 TERTIARY EDUCATION TRUST FUND (TETFUND) ANNUAL INTERVENTION PROJECTS
- RESUMPTION OF ACADEMIC ACTIVITIESACTIVITIES ON MONDAY, 14TH NOVEMBER 2016 WITH NCE II AND III COMMENCING ON-LINE REGISTRATION FOR THE 2016/2017 1ST SEMESTER.
- School of Technical Education 5th National Conference 24th November,2015